**PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE CREATING AN APPLICATION**
Granite City Comic-Con is returning to Aberdeen on Saturday 24th of August 2019 at The Hilton Treetops Hotel, Springfield Road.
Our fourth convention in 2018 had us embark on very new territory which included a much larger venue with its own set of challenges. Whilst this enabled us to put on an arguably bigger and more elaborate event for all the attendees, it felt like a step away from the original core values that we envisioned from the start. With that being said, we’re delighted to announce that Granite City Comic-Con 2019 will return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen Treetops on Springfield road Aberdeen. TeamGCCC are really looking forward to collaborating with the Hotel again to ensure that we bring the best event to Aberdeen that we can.
We are opening up applications for vendors / exhibitors / attractions / guests / groups and will be running this application process through from Sunday 6th January 2019 to 9pm Monday the 1st of April. Applications made after this time will be added to a reserve list.
Please note that our primary means of communications will be via email *please* ensure that you enter a current and valid email address so that all communications can be handled in a timely fashion.
Please note, that additional display areas for tables are allowable (Rails / Grid Walls / Light Features / etc), but they must be considered and noted when applying for space as this will allow us to appropriately allocate. Failure to note these additional requirements whilst applying for Granite City Comic Con 2018 means that we cannot guarantee the extra space or requests.
Pricing Structure for Tables
Note – All tables come with a chair and an exhibitor pass as standard. Price listed is for the duration of the event – Saturday 24th of August (one day). Additional Chairs and passes are available upon request. Please note we will not be offering backing table options at the event
Standard Vendor Table – £70
Small Press Table – £50
Additional Vendor / Exhibitor Passes – £6
Tables are 6FT x 2FT. Table price one chair (extra chairs will be available at a minimal cost tbc on successful application). Each successful application will get one vendor wristbands for accessing the venue during the event, any further wristbands will be charged at a cost of £6 each (limited to 2 extra per application). The maximum number of people behind a full table is two. No “Overspill” display allowed – such as extra small fold out tables or clothing rails UNLESS by prior arrangement has been made which may incur additional charges.
UNLOADING: There is a car park at the rear of the building which allows access to the exhibiting areas. Please ensure vehicles are re located to the main hotel car park once you are unloaded so that to allow other vendors to utilise this space while unloading stock.
TROLLEYS: There are no trolleys available for hire, so we recommend that you anticipate this when moving your items from vehicle to stand.
PARKING: There is a limited amount of parking on site and this is available on a first come first served basis.
BUILD UP: Ensure that your area is kept safe and free from hazards at all times during your build up period. It is your legal responsibility to ensure that your stand is safe for staff: visitors and contractors throughout the build-up, trading and break down periods.
PASSES: Please ensure that all staff are wearing their correct passes at all times during build up, trading and break down. Failure to do so will result in being asked to vacate the hall until the matter is rectified. These will be supplied with your entry pack from the GCCC Info desk located at reception.
TRADING: Observe your Health & Safety duties at all time, respect your fellow traders and do not obstruct the gangways away from your stand.
BREAKDOWN: There will be strictly no breakdown of stands before the hall is clear of the public. Please refrain from asking to remove items from the exhibition until it has closed, as we take both your Health & Safety and Security –very seriously.
INSURANCE: Although we take great care to protect your property during the exhibition, we are not responsible for any loss or damage. You are responsible for booking your own insurance for any legal liability which may occur with respect to injury or third parties or damage to third parties property. In addition to this, you should protect your expenditures against abandonment and cancellation or curtailment of the event due to reason beyond your control. We cannot legally advise you on any insurance matters.
– All vendor / exhibitors / attractions / guests / groups correspondence should be passed through the vendors(at)granitecitycomiccon.co.uk email account. Emails to other accounts or messaging services may not be responded to
– After applications close on the 1st April 2019 – we hope to have a finalised list of successful applicants ready before the end of May 2019.
– All applicable licences / PLI and documentation should be made available upon request
– An early draft of the floorplan will be available in the summer
– A finalised floorplan for the event will be available a month before the event
– Invoices will be sent during April of 2019 and payable before the end of May 2019
– Failure to pay the invoice by the due date will result in the tables being cancelled and re-issued to other applicants
– No refunds will be available on tables / spaces after Wednesday 31st July 2019. Cancellations later than this may be dealt with on a case by case basis if applicable
– The Hilton Treetops will be accessible for early set up on Friday 23th August between the hours of 6pm and 9pm
– The event will run from 9am to 6pm on Saturday 24th August. The Hilton Treetops will open at 7.30am for additional set up time and close down at 7pm on Saturday for end of day and clean up
– The venue will be locked down out with these times and no additional access will be available
– There will be no Sunday clean up available
We collect a very limited amount of information about our customers and we will only use it to contact them directly about taking part in our events. No data we hold is distributed by the company to any other businesses or sources.
We (Granite City Comic Con Limited) are the “Data Controller” of your Personal Information. This legal term means we’re responsible because we decide what we collect and how we use it. All our data systems are protected via Google data security and Norton Symantec business services.
However, where possible, we want to put you firmly in control of your Personal Information – after all it’s your Information – so feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions or concerns about your Personal Information or simply wish to be removed from our contact list.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org